– The news of the kidnap of a UN aid worker, Abubakar Garba Idris, has gotten the attention of Shehu Sani

– The outspoken former senator has referred to the development as rather sad

– Sani recalled that the same ill-fated road (Maiduguri-Damaturu way) along which the abduction took place was recently tagged safe

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

A former Nigerian federal lawmaker who represented Kaduna Central, Shehu Sani, has spoken against the recent abduction of a United Nations (UN) aid worker, Abubakar Garba Idris.

Speaking on the disturbing development via his Twitter page on Sunday, January 3, the former senator described the incident as tragic and unfortunate.

Sani lamented that this is one of the roads which has been declared safe for travel by the state and even federal authorities.

Abubakar Idris: Shehu Sani wails over kidnap of UN aid worker

Shehu Sani said the same road along which the UN aid worker was kidnapped had been declared safe earlier
Source: UGC

He said:

“The reported kidnapping of the @unhcrnigeria Senior Protection Assistant Mallam Abubakar Garba Idris along Maiduguri-Damaturu Road by terrorists is tragic and unfortunate.

BREAKING: Boko Haram kidnaps UN aid worker, 50 persons in Borno

“The same road said to be secured after mass abductions few days ago.

Idris’ kidnap is one of the latest examples of the festering issue of insecurity in all parts of the country, especially in the northern region.

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

Earlier, some Boko Haram terrorists on Saturday, December 2, unleashed another attack in Borno state.

The insurgents abducted about 50 passengers along the Maiduguri-Damaturu expressway, including Idris.

A security source who spoke with journalists and confirmed the development revealed that the UN captive is a senior protection assistant with the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).

The source added:

“The terrorists ambushed vehicles conveying commuters near Matari village between Minok to Jakana highway. One of them, Alooma was seized around 8:30am.”

In another post, Legit.ng reported that the United States (US) embassy sent a crucial message to the federal government of Nigeria over the abduction of the Kankara schoolboys in Katsina.

This is shocking – Buhari declares as two prominent northern princes die same day

In a tweet on Thursday, December 17, the US mission in Nigeria condemned the kidnap of the boys and offered its condolences to the affected families.

How best can President Buhari tackle insecurity | – on Legit TV